Taor Karpaty - the Best Eco-Resort in Ukraine!
For several years already, our Eco-Resort —Taor Karpaty — has been the awardee of The Best Green Hotel, a prize conferred upon by International Hospitality Awards.
One of our key and permanent missions is for the resort to adhere to its eco-concept. Our values and principles include the idea of environmentally friendly vacations, love and cordiality towards people, staying open to all things new and functional and striving to self-enhance!
Taor Karpaty’s development may be streamlined into several sectors:
Exterior and Interior Design
- As much as it is feasible in construction and design, and anywhere we can, we strive to use eco-materials such as wood, natural cloth, cosy fabric executed in warm pastel shades — all in chime with natural motives.
- Topical resort houses reflecting the beauty of nature of various seasons.
- Decorations made from natural materials such as cones and sackcloth
- Information banners recounting the history and nature of our land.
- Data sheet on how the eco-concept is implemented in our rooms
- Miscellaneous events offering plenty of useful knowledge to our guests and allowing them to master lots of new valuable skills.
- Training seminars for our employees wherein they learn how to sort rubbish and preserve the natural environment.
- Workshops teaching kids how to use natural materials efficiently and wisely.
- Teaching children how to cherish and protect nature.
- Regular cleanup of waterfront areas by our employees who are making sure the surrounding natural environment stays clean from rubbish and other traces of human impact.
- Planting trees by guests of the resort. Development of our Family Apple Garden. Every guest has had a chance to plant his or her own tree in Taor Karpaty.
- Upkeep of the vegetable garden where we grow our own products.
- Preparing food from the products grown in our vegetable garden.
- Waste sorting — a process currently within the purview of our employees. Next stage: sectioned rubbish bins that are to be installed in the guest rooms.
Maximum cutback on any usage of plastic products:
- Replacement of plastic water containers with glassware
- Total ban on polyethylene bags
- Replacement of packaged tea with Carpathian pot-made tea delivered in glass jars
- Replacement with generic disposable containers for cosmetics with cosmetics in dispenser units
- No foil, nor plastic in room service
- Container for used batteries
- Installation of a power charging station
Each one of us lives and uses the goods offered by nature, so let us all love and protect it, together and for real!